Select on Cam & Send (transferring to a smartphone)
You can transfer images to a smartphone by selecting images on the camera.
Refer to “Pairing the camera with a smartphone (Smartphone Regist.) ” to pair the camera and smartphone in advance.
The following is the procedure for transferring the image currently displayed on the camera.
MENU → (Network) → [Smartphone Connect] → [Select on Cam & Send] → [Size of Sending Image], [RAW+J/H Send Target], and [Sending Target] → desired setting.
Display the image to be transferred on the playback screen.
MENU → (Network) → [Smartphone Connect] → [Select on Cam & Send] → [Send] → [This Image].
- You can also display the [Send] screen by pressing the (Send to Smartphone) button.
Launch Imaging Edge Mobile on your smartphone.
A message indicating that the transfer has started will appear.
Select [OK] on the smartphone.The image will be transferred to the smartphone.
- When the image is transferred, the (transferred) icon will appear on the screen of the camera.
- You can transfer multiple images at once by selecting a setting other than [This Image] under [Send].
Menu item details
- Selects images and transfers them to a smartphone. ([This Image]/[All Images in This Group]/[All with this date]/[Filtered Images]/[Multiple Images])
- The options displayed may differ depending on the View Mode selected on the camera.
- If you select [Multiple Images], select the desired images using the center of the control wheel, then press MENU → [Enter].
- Size of Sending Image:
- Selects the file size for images to be transferred to the smartphone. The original-sized JPEG/HEIF file or a 2M-equivalent JPEG/HEIF file can be transferred. ([Original]/[2M])
- RAW+J/H Send Target:
- Selects the file type for images to be transferred to a smartphone when the images are shot with [File Format] under [Image Quality Settings] set to [RAW & JPEG] or [RAW & HEIF]. ([JPEG & HEIF]/[RAW]/[RAW+J & RAW+H])
- Sending Target:
- Sets whether to transfer the low-bit-rate proxy movie or the high-bit-rate original movie when transferring a movie to a smartphone. ([Proxy Only]/[Original Only]/[Proxy & Original])
To filter the images to be transferred (Filtered Images)
Images to be transferred can be filtered by the following conditions:
- Target Group: [This Date]/[This Media]
- Still Images/Movies: [All]/[Only Still Images]/[Only Movies]
- Target Img (Rating): -, 
- Target Movie (): [All]/[Only Shot Mark Mov.]
- Target Img (Protect): [All]/[Only Protected Img.]
Transfer Status *: [All]/[Only Non-transfer]
*Images transferred by selecting them on the smartphone are treated as not yet transferred.
- For images transferred by selecting them on the smartphone, the (transferred) icon will not appear.
- Depending on the smartphone, the transferred movie may not be played back correctly. For example, the movie may not play smoothly, or there may be no sound.
- Depending on the format of the still image, movie, slow-motion movie, or quick-motion movie, it may not be possible to play it back on a smartphone.
- When [Airplane Mode] is set to [On], you cannot connect this product and the smartphone. Set [Airplane Mode] to [Off].