You can focus without pressing the shutter button halfway down. The settings for [Focus Mode] will be applied.
- MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [Custom Key/Dial Set.] or [Custom Key/Dial Set.] → desired key, then assign the [AF On] function to the key.
- Press the key to which you have assigned the [AF On] function.
- When shooting a movie, you can perform auto-focusing by holding down the custom key to which [AF On] is assigned even in the manual focusing mode.
- Set [AF w/ Shutter] to [Off] when you do not want to perform auto focusing using the shutter button.
- Set [AF w/ Shutter] and [Pre-AF] to [Off] to focus at a specific shooting distance predicting the position of the subject.