USB Connection Mode
Selects the USB connection method when the camera is connected to a computer, etc.
When you set MENU → (Network) → [Transfer/Remote] → [PC Remote Function] → [PC Remote Cnct Method] to [USB], set [PC Remote] under [PC Remote Function] to [Off].
MENU → (Setup) → [USB] → [USB Connection Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Sel. When Connect:
- Each time you connect the USB cable to the camera, select the mode you want to use from the following. ([Live Stream(USB Streaming)], [Image Transfer (MSC)], [Image Transfer (MTP)], or [Remote Shoot (PC Remote)])
- USB Streaming:
- Performs USB streaming via the connected computer or smartphone.
- Establishes a Mass Storage connection when connecting the camera to a computer, etc.
When you connect the camera to a computer or other USB device, the camera is recognized as a removable disk, and you can transfer files on the camera.
- Establishes an MTP connection between the camera, a computer, and other USB devices.
When you connect the camera to a computer or other USB device, the camera is recognized as a media device, and you can transfer still images/movies on the camera.
- The memory card in memory card slot 1 is the connection target.
- PC Remote:
- Uses Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) to control the product from a computer, including such functions as shooting and storing images on the computer.