Charging the battery with a commercially available AC adaptor or mobile battery
You can use a USB cable to charge from an external power source, such as a commercially available USB AC adaptor or mobile battery.
When a device compatible with USB-PD (USB Power Delivery) is connected to the camera, fast charging is possible.
Turn off the camera, and connect an external power source to the USB Type-C terminal on the camera.
Charge lamp on the camera (orange)
Off: Charging finished
Flashing: Charging error or charging paused temporarily because the camera is not within the proper temperature range
- The charge lamp turns off when charging is completed.
- If the charge lamp lights up and then immediately turns off, the battery pack is fully charged.
- USB charging is not possible from the Multi/Micro USB terminal. Use the USB Type-C terminal to charge the battery pack.
- If the product is connected to a laptop computer that is not connected to a power source, the laptop battery level decreases. Do not leave the product connected to a laptop computer for an extended period of time.
- Do not turn on/off or restart the computer, or wake the computer from sleep mode when a USB connection has been established between the computer and the camera. Doing so may cause a malfunction. Before turning on/off or restarting the computer, or waking the computer from sleep mode, disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Charging cannot be guaranteed with a custom-built computer, modified computer, or a computer connected through a USB hub.
- The camera may not operate correctly when other USB devices are used at the same time.
- We recommend using a USB-PD device that is compatible with an output of 9V/3A or 9V/2A.
- Before charging, be sure to also read “Notes on the battery pack and charging the battery.”