Exposure Comp. (still image/movie)
Normally, exposure is set automatically (auto exposure). Based on the exposure value set by auto exposure, you can make the entire image brighter or darker if you adjust [Exposure Comp.] to the plus side or minus side, respectively (exposure compensation).
- MENU → (Exposure/Color) → [Exposure Comp.] → [Exposure Comp.] → desired setting.
+ (over) side:
Images become brighter.
- (under) side:
Images become darker.
- You can adjust the exposure compensation value within the range of -5.0 EV to +5.0 EV.
- You can confirm the exposure compensation value that you set on the shooting screen.
- Only a value between -3.0 EV and +3.0 EV with the equivalent image brightness appears on the screen when shooting. If you set an exposure compensation value outside this range, the image brightness on the screen will not be affected, but the value will be reflected in the recorded image.
- You can adjust the exposure compensation value within the range of -2.0 EV to +2.0 EV for movies.
You cannot perform the exposure compensation in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- When using [Manual Exposure], you can perform the exposure compensation only when [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO].