D-Range Optimizer (still image/movie)
By dividing the image into small areas, the product analyzes the contrast of light and shadow between the subject and the background, and creates an image with the optimal brightness and gradation.
MENU → (Exposure/Color) → [Color/Tone] → [D-Range Optimizer] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Does not adjust brightness and gradation.
- D-Range Optimizer:
- If you select [D-Range Optimizer: Auto], the camera will automatically adjust the brightness and gradation. To optimize the gradation of a recorded image by individual areas, select an optimization level from [D-Range Optimizer: Lv1] (weak) to [D-Range Optimizer: Lv5] (strong).
In the following situations, [D-Range Optimizer] is fixed to [Off]:
- When [Picture Profile] is set to other than [Off]
- [Log Shooting] is set to other than [Off]
- When shooting with [D-Range Optimizer], the image may be noisy. Select the proper level by checking the recorded image, especially when you enhance the effect.