Assigning frequently used functions to buttons and dials (Custom Key/Dial Set.)
You can use the custom key function to assign the functions you use most frequently to easily operable buttons and dials. This lets you skip the process of selecting items from MENU, so you can recall the functions more quickly.
You can separately assign functions to custom keys for the still image shooting mode, movie shooting mode, and playback mode.
- Assignable functions vary depending on the buttons or dials.
You can assign functions to the following buttons and dials.
- Custom Button 2
- Custom Button 3
- Custom Button 1
- Front dial
- Custom Button 6
- MOVIE Button
- Multi-Slc Center Btn
- Rear dial
- Custom Button 5
- Fn Button
- Center Button
- Control Wheel/Left Button/Right Button/Down Button
- Custom Button 4
The following is the procedure for assigning the [Eye AF] function to the 5 button (Custom button 5).
- MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [Custom Key/Dial Set.].
- If you want to assign a function to recall while shooting movies, select [Custom Key/Dial Set.]. If you want to assign a function to recall while playing back images, select [Custom Key Setting].
- You can also select [Custom Key/Dial Set.] and [Custom Key/Dial Set.] from MENU → (Setup) → [Dial Customize].
- Move to the [Rear] screen using the top/bottom side of the control wheel. Then, select [Custom Button 5] and press the center of the control wheel.
- Select [Eye AF] using the top/bottom/left/right side of the control wheel, and then press the center.
- If you press the 5 button (Custom button 5) while shooting and eyes are detected, [Eye AF] will activate and the camera will focus on the eyes. Shoot images while holding down the 5 button (Custom button 5).
To use different functions for the dials/wheel depending on the shooting mode
If you add a check mark to [Separate M mode and other modes.] when assigning functions to the dials/wheel, you can assign different functions for [Manual Exposure] and the other exposure modes ([Intelligent Auto]/[Program Auto]/[Aperture Priority]/[Shutter Priority]).
If you add a check mark to [Separate Flexible Exp. and Intelligent Auto.] when assigning functions with [Custom Key/Dial Set.], you can assign different functions for [Flexible Exp. Mode] and [Intelligent Auto].
- You can also assign shooting functions to the focus hold button on the lens. However, some lenses do not have a focus hold button.