Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl
You can operate the camera using a Bluetooth compatible remote commander (sold separately) or shooting grip (sold separately).
On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → [Bluetooth] → [Bluetooth Function] → [On].
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → [Transfer/Remote] → [Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl] → [On].
- If there is no Bluetooth device currently paired with the camera, the screen for pairing as described in Step 3 will appear.
- On the camera, select MENU → (Network) → [Bluetooth] → [Pairing] to display the screen for pairing.
- On the Bluetooth remote commander, perform pairing.
- For details, refer to the instruction manual for the Bluetooth remote commander.
- On the camera, select [OK] on the confirmation screen for the Bluetooth connection.
- Pairing is complete, and you can now operate the camera from the Bluetooth remote commander. After pairing the device once, you can connect the camera and the Bluetooth remote commander again in the future by setting [Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl] to [On].
Menu item details
- Enables Bluetooth remote commander operation.
- Disables Bluetooth remote commander operation.
Icons displayed when connecting to a Bluetooth remote commander
(Bluetooth connection available): Bluetooth connection with the Bluetooth remote commander is established.
(Bluetooth connection unavailable): Bluetooth connection with the Bluetooth remote commander is not established.
- The Bluetooth connection is only active while you are operating the camera using the Bluetooth remote commander.
- When you initialize the camera, the pairing information is also deleted. To use the Bluetooth remote commander, perform pairing again.
- If the Bluetooth connection is unstable, remove any obstacles, such as people or metal objects from between the camera and the paired Bluetooth remote commander.
- The following functions cannot be used when [Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl] is set to [On].
- Power-saving mode
- If the function does not work properly, check the following notes and then try pairing again.
- Ensure that the camera is either not connected to any other device or connected to only one device using Bluetooth communication. (Up to 2 devices can be connected to the camera at the same time.)
- Confirm that [Airplane Mode] for the camera is set to [Off].
- If the function does not work properly even after you have performed the above operations, delete the pairing information for the device that you want to connect using [Manage Paired Device] on the camera.