Encrypts data when the camera and a computer communicate via a wired LAN or Wi-Fi connection.
MENU →(Network) → [Network Option] → [Security(IPsec)] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Sets whether or not the [Security(IPsec)] function is used. ([On]/[Off])
- Dest. IP Address:
- Sets the IP address of the device to connect using the [Security(IPsec)] function.
- Shared Key:
- Sets the shared key used by the [Security(IPsec)] function.
- Use at least eight and no more than 20 alphanumeric characters or symbols for [Shared Key].
- When you enter the shared key, note that unmasking the shared key risks revealing it to a third party. Make sure that no one is around before unmasking.
- For IPsec communications, the device to connect must be compatible with IPsec.
Depending on the device, communications may not be possible or the communication speed may be slow.
- On this camera, IPsec operates in transport mode only and uses IKEv2.
The algorithms are AES with 128-bit keys in CBC mode/Diffie-Hellman 3072-bit modp group/PRF-HMAC-SHA-256/HMAC-SHA-384-192.
The authentication expires after 24 hours.
- Encrypted communications can only be made with devices that are configured correctly. Communications with other devices are not encrypted.
- For details on the IPsec configuration, consult the administrator of the network for your device.