When shooting a movie, areas that are in focus and areas that are out of focus are displayed so that you can visually distinguish them. Areas behind the in-focus region are indicated by dots in a cool color (A) and those in front of the in-focus region are indicated by dots in a warm color (B). Dots are not displayed in the in-focus range. Dots are not recorded in the actual movie.
MENU → (Focus) → [Focus Assistant] → [Focus Map] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Displays the focus map.
- Does not display the focus map.
- The focus map can also be output to an external monitor. To output the focus map to an external monitor, set [HDMI Info. Display] to [On].
[Focus Map] is unavailable in the following situations:
- When [Focus Magnifier] is activated
- While using the digital zoom function
- When executing USB Streaming
- When using a lens that does not support phase detection AF
- When a Mount Adaptor is attached
- When the lens is not attached to the camera