Connecting to a digital output supported Xperia
You can connect the headphone amplifier to a digital output supported Xperia using the digital cable for Xperia (supplied).
The compatibility of digital output supported Xperia models depend on the country/region. For the latest compatible models, access the following URL:
When connecting an Xperia model that is unsupported by the digital-output, follow the connecting method described in “Connecting to Xperia models unsupported by digital-out.”
- Turn on the Xperia.
- Set the INPUT select switch to the position of the Xperia/WALKMAN/PC (USB AUDIO) connecting port (left edge position).
- Connect the Xperia to the Xperia/WALKMAN/PC (USB AUDIO) connecting port using the digital cable for Xperia (supplied).
- The headphone amplifier only supports the audio playback function of the Xperia.
- Turn on your Xperia before operating the headphone amplifier.
- Some operations may not be possible with the headphone amplifier, even if you use a supported Xperia model.
- Depending on your Xperia model, you may not be able to adjust the volume of the Xperia when it is connected to the headphone amplifier.
- If you are listening to music too loudly, the battery may drain even if the DC IN 5V port of headphone amplifier is connected to a computer.