Using the DSEE function
When the DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) function is set to [Auto] (factory default setting), the HDD AUDIO PLAYER offers natural and expansive sound by restoring both high-frequency signals and fine fade-out sound that is likely to be lost by compression in compressed audio sources, or restoring fine fade-out sound that is likely to be lost by quantization in PCM audio sources with lossless compression.
The left figures are images of sound without using the DSEE function, and the right figures are images of sound using the DSEE function.
- Only the fine sound restoration feature of the DSEE function will be applied to PCM audio sources with lossless compression. The DSEE function does not work for DSD (DSDIFF, DSF) format files.
- The DSEE function does not work for sound input from devices that are connected to the external input jacks of the HDD AUDIO PLAYER.
- DSEE stands for Digital Sound Enhancement Engine, a high range compensation and fine sound restoration technology developed independently by Sony.
- Select [Settings] – [Audio Settings] from the Home screen.
- Select [DSEE].
- Select [Auto].
The DSEE function automatically works for compressed audio sources and PCM audio sources with lossless compression. The DSEE lamp lights up while the DSEE function is active.
- You cannot set the DSEE HX function and the DSEE function concurrently to [Auto]. Setting the DSEE function to [Auto] changes the DSEE HX function setting to [Off].
- You can also set this function using the Playback Options menu during playback.