Battery and power management
Your device has an embedded battery. To get the most use from it, keep track of the power consumed by different applications and features.
You can also use Battery Care to increase the battery’s lifetime.
Your device restricts apps from using battery power in the background. The setting is individually specified for each app. Find and tap [Settings] > [Apps], select the app whose background battery usage you want to restrict, and then tap [Battery] > [Restricted].
General usage tips to improve battery performance
The following tips can help you improve battery performance:
- Lower the screen brightness level.
- Turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and location services when you do not need these features.
- Turn off your device or use Airplane mode if you are in an area with no or low network coverage. Otherwise, your device repeatedly scans for available networks, and this consumes power.
- Use a Wi-Fi network instead of roaming when abroad. Roaming is scanning for your home network and puts additional demands on your battery as your device must transmit with a higher output power.
- Change the synchronization settings for your email, calendar, and contacts.
- Check the applications that have a high battery consumption and consider the battery saving tips provided on your device for these applications.
- Change the notification level for an application.
- Turn off the location-sharing permission for an application.
- Uninstall applications that you are not using.
- Use a Sony original handsfree device to listen to music. Handsfree devices consume less battery than your device’s loudspeakers.
- Restart your device every now and then.
To review your battery consumption
- Find and tap [Settings] > [Battery] to view the estimated remaining battery percentage and battery time.
- Tap [Battery usage] to view a list of applications and features that have consumed battery power.