Connecting your device to USB accessories
You can use a USB host adapter to connect your device to USB accessories, such as USB mass storage devices, headphones, game controllers, USB keyboards, and USB mice.
Connect a USB cable to your device.
Drag down the status bar, and then tap the USB connection setting notification.
Tap [Tap for more options.], and then select an option.
USB controlled by: You can choose which device controls the other, your device, or the USB-connected device.
Use USB for: You can choose the purpose of the USB connection.
- File Transfer: Manage files or update the device software. This option is used with Microsoft® Windows® computers. Charging is enabled by default.
- USB tethering: Your device can function as a tethering device.
- MIDI: Your device can function as the MIDI input for musical instrument applications.
- No data transfer: Just charge your device when [USB controlled by] is set to [This device]. When [USB controlled by] is set to [Connected device], you can use your device as a power supply and charge the other connected device.
File transfer options
- Convert videos to AVC: Videos are converted to AVC and transferred to the connected device.
- Sony does not guarantee that all USB accessories are supported by your device.
- This device has a capless USB port. If your device gets exposed to water, ensure that the port is completely dry before connecting a USB cable.