Using the Game enhancer menu
- While playing a game, tap (Floating icon).
- In the menu that opens, tap and configure the desired settings.
Game enhancer settings
(Game enhancer settings icon)
[Menu type]: Switch type of the Game enhancer menu displayed while playing a game between (Pull-down bar) and (Floating icon).
[HWB shortcut]: Assign a Game enhancer action used in-game to the shutter button. You can change the setting individually for each game. Tap [Shutter button press], and then select an option.
- [Default (device's settings)]: Apply the device’s settings.
- [Open/close Game enhancer]: Open or close the Game enhancer menu.
- [Optimize touch area On/Off]: Turn the [Optimize touch area] function on or off.
- [Quick preset switcher]: Quickly switch presets for [Image quality settings] or [Audio equalizer] in [Display & Sound].
[Game mode]: Select an option to optimize your device for gaming.
If you select [Custom], tap (Settings icon) to customize the settings. Tap [Preview] to customize the settings while testing out the actual game controls. You can also move the setting window to the desired position by dragging (Drag to move the preview screen icon) in the setting window.
You can also set the following items.
[Optimize touch area]: Restrict the touch area in the landscape mode. The [Optimize touch area] function is available when [Menu type] is set to [Pull-down bar] and the device is in the landscape mode.
[H.S. power control]: Limit reductions in performance and degradation of the battery caused by the device overheating during charging. While the Game enhancer app is running, the battery will not charge if [H.S. power control] is set to on. Turn off [H.S. power control] when charging.
[Focus settings]: Focus on your game by blocking notifications, incoming calls, the shutter button, and other settings that may compromise gameplay.
[Display & Sound]
[Image quality settings]: Set the picture mode, L-γ raiser, and white balance to adjust the colors and screen effects of displayed content.
[Audio equalizer]: Adjust the volume (dB) for each frequency (Hz).
[Optimize V.C. microphone]: Adjust the setting according to your mic type so that the other party will hear your voice more clearly during voice chat. This function only works when a headset is connected to the 3.5 mm audio jack of your device.
[Multitasking]: You can search for game information by displaying the [WEB] tab or [YouTube] tab. You can also open an app in the pop-up window by selecting an app in the [APPS] tab.
[Screenshot]: Take a screenshot of the displayed screen. You can also take a burst of screenshots.
[REC & Stream]
(Record): Record a video of your gameplay screen. You can record game sounds, voices, and players’ faces displayed on your screen.
- [R.T. record]: The last 30 seconds are temporarily recorded and kept in the memory. Note that turning on this feature may reduce performance or increase the battery consumption.
- [Recording quality]: Set the resolution and the maximum frame rate.
(Live streaming): Configure live streaming settings.
- [Audio]: Select an audio setting to output to an external device connected to your device using a USB cable and a headset connected to the 3.5 mm audio jack of your device. You can also set the mic audio of the connected headset to be output to an external device.
- [Video]: Select a video setting to output to an external device connected to your device using a USB cable.
- Settings changed in (Capture card) affect the whole device, not only the Game enhancer app.
- Video signals may not be output according to the setting in (Capture card) on your device, depending on the displayed app or the specifications of the connected external device.
- In the Game enhancer menu with (Show details button) in the upper right of the screen, tap (Show details button) to view descriptions of settings.
- You can adjust the brightness level with the slider in the upper area of the Game enhancer menu.
- You can drag and move (Floating icon) or (Pull-down bar) displayed while playing a game to the desired position.
- The STAMINA mode is turned off while you use the Game enhancer app. If you want to give priority to the battery life, tap (Floating icon) while playing a game, and then tap [Game mode] > [Battery life preferred].
- You can adjust the video and audio settings output to an external device connected to your device using a USB cable in the Settings menu. Find and tap [Settings] > [Device connection] > [Connection preferences] > [Video] or [Audio] in the [USB external output] category.
- To change the [Menu type] and [HWB shortcut] settings for all previously added games, on the main screen after launching the Game enhancer app, tap (Game enhancer settings icon) > [Default menu type] or [Default HWB shortcut] > [Shutter button press], and then select an option and tap [APPLY].
To switch the menu type
The type of Game enhancer menu displayed while playing a game can be switched between (Pull-down bar) and (Floating icon).
- While playing a game, tap (Floating icon) > (Game enhancer settings icon) > [Menu type].
- Select [Floating icon] or [Pull-down bar].
To view a website or use other apps while playing a game
You can view websites or use other apps while playing a game. For example, you can chat, use social media, or search for game information on Google or YouTube while playing a game.
- While playing a game, tap (Floating icon) > [Multitasking].
The [Multitasking] window appears.
Tap the [WEB], [YouTube], or [APPS] tab to view the tab.
- To go back to the Game enhancer menu, tap (Back button).
- To minimize the [Multitasking] window, tap (Minimize button).
- When you select an app in [APPS], the app opens in the pop-up window.
Tap the pop-up window to display operation icons.
[APPS] window overview (in the pop-up window)
- Drag to resize the window.
- Drag to move the window.
- Display the Game enhancer menu.
- Tap to minimize the window.
To reopen the pop-up window, tap (Floating icon) or pull down (Pull-down bar).
If you switch to another screen such as the Home screen while the window is minimized, the app will be displayed as an icon.
- Tap to maximize the window.
To return the window to its previous size, tap (Return to the previous size icon) while the window is maximized.
- Tap to close the window.