What is BLUETOOTH wireless technology?
BLUETOOTH wireless technology is a short-range wireless technology that enables wireless data communication between digital devices, such as a computer and digital camera. BLUETOOTH wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m(30 feet).
Connecting two devices as necessary is common, but some devices can be connected to multiple devices at the same time.
You do not need to use a cable for connection, nor is it necessary for the devices to face one another, such is the case with infrared technology. For example, you can use such a device in a bag or pocket.
BLUETOOTH is an international standard supported by thousands of companies worldwide.
Communication system and compatible BLUETOOTH profiles of the unit
Profile is standardization of the function for each BLUETOOTH device specification. The unit supports the following BLUETOOTH version and profiles:
BLUETOOTH Specification Ver. 4.0
Compatible BLUETOOTH profiles:
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): Transmitting or receiving audio content of high-quality.
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile): Controlling A/V equipment; pausing, stopping, starting playback, etc.
- HSP (Headset Profile)(*): Talking on the phone/Operating the phone.
- HFP (Hands-free Profile)(*): Talking on the phone/Operating the phone by hands-free.
*When you use a BLUETOOTH mobile phone supported by both HFP (Hands-free Profile) and HSP (Headset Profile), set it to HFP.
Maximum communication range
Use the devices within a range of about 10 m(30 feet) of line of sight.
Maximum communication range may shorten under the following conditions.
- There is an obstacle such as a person, metal, or wall between this unit and the BLUETOOTH device.
- A Wi-Fi device is in use near this unit.
- A microwave oven is in use near this unit.
- A device that generates electromagnetic radiation is in use near this unit.
Interference from other devices
Because BLUETOOTH uses 2.4 GHz, the same frequency as some Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11b/g/n), a Wi-Fi device used nearby may cause interference: resulting in noise, an invalid connection, or deterioration of communication speed. In such a case, perform the following.
- Use this unit at least 10 m(30 feet) away from the Wi-Fi device.
- If this unit is used within 10 m(30 feet) of a Wi-Fi device, turn off the Wi-Fi device.
- Bring the headset and the BLUETOOTH device closer together.
Interference to other devices
Microwaves emitting from a BLUETOOTH device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this unit and other BLUETOOTH devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident.
- where inflammable gas is present, in a hospital, train, airplane, or a gas station
- near automatic doors or a fire alarm
- To be able to use the BLUETOOTH function, the BLUETOOTH device to be connected requires the same profile as this unit. Note also that even if the same profile exists, devices may vary in function depending on their specifications.
- Due to the characteristic of BLUETOOTH wireless technology, the sound played on this unit is slightly delayed from the sound played on the BLUETOOTH device during talking on the telephone or listening to the music.
- This unit supports security capabilities that comply with the BLUETOOTH standard to provide a secure connection when the BLUETOOTH wireless technology is used, but security may not be enough depending on the setting. Be careful when communicating using BLUETOOTH wireless technology.
- We do not take any responsibility for the leakage of information during BLUETOOTH communication.
- A device featuring the BLUETOOTH function is required to conform to the BLUETOOTH standard specified by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and be authenticated. Even if the connected device conforms to the above mentioned BLUETOOTH standard, some devices may not be connected or work correctly, depending on the features or specifications of the device.
- Noise or sound skips may occur depending on the BLUETOOTH device connected with this unit, the communication environment or the usage environment.