Connecting a High-Quality Digital Sound Output Device between Your VAIO Computer and a TV
You can connect a high-quality home theater receiver or other surround sound decoder devices between your VAIO computer and a TV using an HDMI connection.
- Make sure the HDMI connection has been set up between the TV and the home theater receiver or surround sound decoder device.
- Change the device for sound output to the HDMI output. (See Changing the Sound Output Device for more information.)
- Turn on the TV and set its input to the HDMI input.
- Turn on the home theater receiver or surround sound decoder device and set its input to the HDMI input.
- Plug one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI input port on the home theater receiver or surround sound decoder device and the other end to the HDMI output port on your VAIO computer.
You can adjust the screen resolution of the connected TV with your VAIO computer. See Changing the Resolution (Size) of the Screen Image on an HDMI-Connected Device for more information.
With the HDMI connection, the volume can be adjusted by the connected audio device only. Your VAIO computer has no control over the output volume of any connected devices.