Charging the Live-View Remote
Charge the remote control through a computer.
- Check that the power of the remote control is OFF
- Connect the remote control to an activated computer with the micro USB cable (supplied)
- The CHG (Charge) lamp of the remote control lights up in orange and charging begins.
- The CHG (Charge) lamp goes out when charging is completed.
The charging time*1 of the battery pack on the remote control is as follows.
Via a computer: Approx. 4 h 05 min.
Via an AC-UD10*2: Approx. 2 h 55 min.
*1 Time required to charge a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25°C (77°F). Charging may take longer under certain circumstances or conditions.
*2 Rapid charging is possible using the USB charger AC-UD10 (sold separately). To connect to the charger, use the micro USB cable (supplied).
- You can charge the remote control even if it is not completely discharged. Also, even if the remote control is not fully charged, you can use the partial charge capacity of the battery pack as is.
- When the power of the remote control is on, it is supplied with power but not charged.
- To maintain the remote control’s function, fully charge the remote control, and then fully discharge it at least once a year while storing. And keep the remote control in a cool place with low humidity.
- Checking the remaining battery charge
A remaining charge indicator appears on the upper right of the LCD screen.
- The displayed remaining charge indicator may not be correct under certain circumstances.
- It takes about 30 seconds until the correct remaining charge indicator appears.
- If the battery pack runs out quickly even though the remaining charge indicator is high, fully charge the remote control, again. The remaining charge indicator will then be displayed correctly. Note that it may not be displayed correctly in a situation where the remote control is used for a long time at high ambient temperature or the remote control is left fully charged.