You can record the location information and the movement speed while recording movies and the location information while recording photos using the GPS function of the remote control, and transfer them to the camera.
Action Cam Movie Creator allows you to import movies recorded with GPS log (the location information, the movement speed) to a computer and view them with a map.
- Press the MENU button of the remote control
The list of setting items will be displayed.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button of the remote control to select (GPS setting) in (Remote control settings), then press the REC/ENTER button of the remote control
- Press the UP button or DOWN button of the remote control to select the desired setting value, then press the REC/ENTER button of the remote control
(default): Records movies with the GPS log (the location information, the movement speed) and still images with location information
: Does not use GPS function
- If you do not record the GPS log and the location information, set the GPS setting to [OFF].
- During takeoff and landing of an airplane, set the airplane mode to [ON].
- Use GPS in accordance with regulations of countries and regions where you use it.
- It may take from several tens of seconds to several minutes to record the location information when you use the GPS for the first time or use it again after long intervals. Triangulating time can be shortened by taking in GPS assist data.
- The GPS antenna is built in the front of the remote control. Placing the remote control upside down may cause positioning to take long time or may not be able to determine your position.
- Sony does not collect location information and routing information.
- The maximum number of log files that can be recorded is 256/day. When the maximum number of recorded log files is reached, you can continue to shoot images, however log files will not be recorded.
- The GPS functions of the bundled remote control RM-LVR2V are not compatible with cameras other than HDR-AZ1.
- To return to the setting item selection screen from the setting value selection screen, select .
- To perform the setting item in the selection screen or the setting value, select .