Digital HD Video Camera RecorderHDR-AZ1/RM-LVR2V
Battery Packs of the Camera and the Live-View Remote
- Charge the camera the remote control before using them for the first time.
- We recommend charging the camera and the remote control in an ambient temperature of between 10 °C to 30 °C (50 °F to 86 °F) until the POWER/CHG (Charge) lamp turns off. The camera and the remote control may not be effectively charged in temperatures outside this range.
- The POWER/CHG (Charge) lamp may blink during charging the camera in the following situations:
- Battery pack is not attached correctly
- Battery pack is damaged
- When the battery pack temperature of the camera is low, detach the battery pack and put it in a warm place.
- When the battery pack temperature of the camera is high, detach the battery pack and put it in a cool place.
- The CHG (Charge) lamp of the remote control may blink in the following situations.
- If the temperature of the remote control is low, put it in a warm place.
- If the temperature of the remote control is high, put it in a cool place.
Effective use of the battery pack
- Battery pack performance decreases at a low ambient temperature lower than 10 °C (50 °F). In cold places, therefore, the operational time of the battery pack is shorter.
- The battery pack will run out quickly if you use the playback, fast-forward, and fast-rewind frequently.
- It is recommended that you warm the battery pack in advance by keeping the pack in a place such as a pocket and attach it to the camera right before the shooting for the safe operation and longer lifetime.
- Turn off the camera every time you do not shoot or playback on the camera. Battery pack is wearing out when the shooting is in standby.
- We recommend having spare battery packs handy for twice or three times longer than the expected shooting time, and making trial shots before taking the actual shots.
- You may not be able to turn on the camera and remote control or the battery pack may not be effectively charged if the terminal section of the battery pack is dirty. In this case, wipe any dust with a soft cloth lightly to clean the battery pack.
- Do not expose the battery pack to water. The battery pack is not water-resistant.
Remaining battery charge
- If the battery pack runs out quickly even though the remaining charge indicator is high, fully charge the camera and the remote control, again. The remaining charge indicator will then be displayed correctly. Note that it may not be displayed correctly in the following situations:
- The camera and the remote control are used for a long time at high ambient temperature
- The camera and the remote control are left fully charged
- The camera and the remote control are used heavily
How to store the battery pack
- To maintain the battery pack's function, fully charge the battery pack and then fully discharge it on the camera at least once a year while storing. Remove the battery pack from the camera before storing and store it in a cool, dry place.
- To prevent staining the terminal, short-circuiting, etc., be sure to use a plastic bag to keep away from metal materials when carrying or storing.
On battery pack life
- The battery pack has a limited life. Battery capacity decreases over time and through repeated use. If decreased usage time between charges becomes significant, it is probably time to replace it with a new one.
- The battery pack life varies according to how the battery pack is used.