LCD Screen of the Live-View Remote
Handling the LCD screen
- Do not leave the LCD screen facing the sun as it may be damaged. Be careful when placing the remote control by a window.
- If the remote control is used in a cold place, horizontal lines or a residual image may appear on the LCD screen. This is not a malfunction. The LCD screen returns to normal when the remote control warms up.
- If a still picture or a fixed picture is displayed for a long time, an image may remain superimposed on the LCD screen as a ghosting image.
- Bright point and vanishing point of the LCD screen
- The LCD panel fitted to the remote control is manufactured with high precision technology, but a very small proportion of pixels may be “stuck”, either always off (black), always on (red, green, or blue), or flashing. In addition, because of the physical characteristics of the liquid crystal display, such “stuck” pixels may appear spontaneously over a long period of use. These problems are not a malfunction.
Cleaning the LCD screen
The LCD screen surface is specially treated to reduce the reflection of light. Incorrect maintenance may impair the performance of the LCD screen, so take care with respect to the following:
- Wipe the LCD screen gently with a soft cloth such as a cleaning cloth or glasses cloth.
- Stubborn stains may be removed with a soft cloth such as a cleaning cloth or glasses cloth slightly dampened with water.
- Never use a solvent such as alcohol, benzene or thinner, or acid, alkaline or abrasive detergent, or chemical cleaning cloth, as they will damage the LCD screen surface.