Notes on Handling of the Camera and the Live-View Remote
Do not use/store the camera and the remote control in the following places
- In an extremely hot, cold or humid place
In places such as in a car parked in the sun, the camera or the remote control body may become deformed, and this may cause a malfunction.
- In direct sunlight or near a heater
If you store the camera or the remote control in direct sunlight or near a heater, the camera and the remote control may become discolored or deformed, and these may cause a malfunction.
- In a location subject to strong vibration
- Near strong magnetic fields
- Do not use the camera near a location that generates strong radio waves or emits radiation.
- In sandy or dusty places
Be careful not to let sand or dust get into the camera directly. This may cause the camera and the remote control to malfunction, and in some cases may be irreparable.
About dust-proof and waterproof performance
The camera is dust-proof and waterproof (Depth of water 5 m (16 feet), 30 minutes continuously). For the notes on use of the waterproof case, refer to the instruction manual on the website.
- Do not sit down in a chair or other place with the camera and the Live-View Remote in the back pocket of your trousers or skirt, as this may cause malfunction or damage the camera and the Live-View Remote.
- Do not shake or strike the camera. It may cause a malfunction and you may not be able to record images. Furthermore, a memory card may become unusable or image data may be damaged.
The camera is designed for use in temperatures between -5°C and +40°C (23°F and 104°F) and the remote control between -10°C and +40°C (14°F and 104°F).