Live-View Remote Waterproof Performance
About the waterproof performance of the remote control
The remote control is designed to be water-proof. Damage caused by misuse, abuse, or improper maintenance is not covered by the limited warranty.
- Do not subject the remote control to pressurized water, such as from a tap.
- Do not use in hot springs.
- Use the remote control in the water temperature range of 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F).
- The remote control has continuous waterproof performance at a water depth of 3 m for 30 minutes.
Notes before using the remote control under/near water
- Make sure that no foreign matter such as sand, hair, or dirt gets inside the connector cover. Even a small amount of foreign matter may lead to water entering the remote control.
- Confirm that the sealing gasket and its mating surfaces have not become scratched. Even a small scratch may lead to water entering the remote control. If the sealing gasket or its mating surfaces become scratched, consult your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.
- If dirt or sand gets on the sealing gasket or its mating surfaces, wipe the area clean with a soft cloth that does not leave behind any fibers.
- Do not open/close the connector cover with wet or sandy hands or near water. There is a risk of sand or water getting inside of the remote control. Before opening the connector cover, perform the procedure described in “Cleaning after using the remote control under/near water.”
- Open the connector cover when the remote control is completely dry.
- Always check that the connector cover is securely locked.
Notes on using the remote control under/near water
- Do not subject the remote control to shock such as by jumping into water.
- Do not open and close the connector cover while under/near water.
- The remote control sinks in water. Use the belt supplied with the remote control to prevent it from sinking.
Cleaning after using the remote control under/near water
- Always clean the remote control with water within 60 minutes of use, and do not open the connector cover before cleaning is finished. Sand or water may get inside where it cannot be seen, and will degrade waterproof performance if not rinsed out.
- Allow the remote control to sit in pure water poured into a cleaning bowl for about 5 minutes. Then, gently shake this remote control and press each button under the water to clean away any salt, sand or other matter lodged around the buttons.
- After rinsing, wipe away any drops of water with a soft cloth. Allow the remote control to dry completely in a shady location with good ventilation. Do not blow dry with a hair dryer as there is a risk of deformation and/or degraded water-proof performance.
- Wipe away any drops of water or dust from the connector cover with a soft dry cloth.
- Bubbles may appear when the remote control is placed underwater. This is not a malfunction.
- The remote control body may become discolored if it comes into contact with sunscreen or suntan oil.
If the remote control does come into contact with sunscreen or suntan oil, quickly wipe it clean.
- Do not allow the remote control to sit with salt water inside it or on its surface. This may lead to corrosion or discoloration, and degradation of the waterproof performance.