Using One-touch Functions to Connect to an NFC-enabled Android Smartphone
By easily connecting the camera to your smartphone, you can operate the camera with your smartphone as well as the bundled remote control.
- Turn on the camera
- Press the Wi-Fi button of the camera to display (Single connection)
- Select [Settings] on the smartphone, then select [More...] and checkmark [NFC] or [Reader/Writer]
- Touch the smartphone and the camera
- Cancel the sleep mode and the screen lock of the smartphone beforehand.
- Touch and hold without moving until PlayMemories Mobile starts (1-2 seconds).
- Touch the (N Mark) of the smartphone and the (N Mark) on the side of the camera.
- Some smartphones with e-wallet functions support NFC. For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your smartphone.
- If the camera and the smartphone cannot be connected by NFC, connect them in the method described in Connecting to the Android Smartphone (connecting without NFC).
- You cannot connect a smartphone to multiple cameras at the same time.
- Depending on local electrical environments or the performances of smartphones, the live-view images may not be displayed smoothly.
- When the airplane mode is set to [ON] on the remote control, the Wi-Fi function is not available.
NFC is a technology for short-range wireless communication among various devices, such as a mobile phone and IC tag etc. Data communication is achieved by simply touching a specific point. NFC (Near Field Communication) is an international standard of the short-range wireless communication technology.