Customizing sound quality settings
You can use various functions to set the desired sound quality.
- From the Home menu, select [Settings].
- Select [Music Settings] - [Sound Settings] - desired function - desired setting.
You can set the sound quality according to the music genre. You can also preset your equalizer settings as a custom setting.
VPT (Surround) function
You can set sound effects and enrich the sound reproduction quality of the audio playback. VPT, which stands for Virtualphones Technology, is a proprietary sound processing technology developed by Sony.
[Clear Stereo] function
This function uses digital processing to clearly distinguish between sound from the left and right of the headphones, emphasizing the stereo effect during playback.
- You can also set some sound quality items from the option menu in the music playback screen.
The following settings cannot be changed while the [ClearAudio+] function is set to on.
- [VPT (Surround)]
- [Clear Stereo]
- The [Clear Stereo] function is optimized for use with the compatible headphones. The compatible headphones are MDR-NW750N/MDR-NW750NE. The effect of the [Clear Stereo] function may not work well with headphones other than the compatible ones. Set [Clear Stereo] to [Off] when using headphones that are not compatible.
- The [Clear Stereo] function does not work while listening to music using headphones connected via the Bluetooth function.