Shooting still images
Shoots still images.
- Set the shooting mode to (Intelligent Auto).
- Hold the camera steady, with your arms against your body, and compose your shot.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the focus indicator () lights.
- The shortest shooting distance is approximately 5 cm (0.16 ft) (W), 55 cm (1.8 ft) (T) (from the lens).
- Press the shutter button fully down.
Image is in the focus.
The focusing has failed.
Image is in the focus. The focused position will change to suit the motion of the subject.
The focusing is in progress.
- When the product cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting. When [Continuous AF] is set, the beep does not sound when focus is achieved.
- Focusing may be difficult in the following situations:
- It is dark and the subject is distant.
- The contrast of the subject is poor.
- The subject is seen through glass.
- The subject is moving quickly.
- There is reflective light or shiny surfaces.
- There is a flashing light.
- The subject is backlit.
- The subjects in the focus area have different focal distances.