When the Face Detection function is used, the camera detects the faces of your subjects and adjusts the focus, flash, exposure, white balance and red-eye reduction settings automatically.
- MENU - (Face Detection) - desired mode
Cannot use Face Detection.
Selects the face the camera is to automatically focus on.
- [Off] is not available when [Self-Timer] is set to [Self-portrait One Person] or [Self-portrait Two People].
- You can select [Face Detection] only when the focus mode is set to [Multi AF] and the metering mode is set to [Multi].
- The Face Detection function does not operate when you use the digital zoom.
- Up to eight faces of your subjects can be detected.
- During Smile Shutter shooting, [Face Detection] is automatically set to [Auto] even if it is set to [Off].