Adjusting the focus using touch operation (Touch Focus) (movie)
The product automatically focuses on the subject you touch on the monitor when shooting movies.
Tracking and focusing on the touched subject (Lock-on AF)
- The product continuously tracks a designated moving subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Center Lock-on AF] → [On] (default setting)
- Touch the desired area to start [Lock-on AF] before/while recording a movie.
- To cancel [Lock-on AF], touch the icon.
Focusing on the touched subject (Spot Focus)
- The product automatically focuses on the subject you touch on the monitor. The [Focus Mode] automatically switches to [Manual Focus].
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Center Lock-on AF] → [Off]
- Touch the subject you want to focus on before/while recording the movie.
- To cancel Spot Focus, touch the icon.
Displaying a magnified view of the touched subject (Focus Magnifier)
- You can view an enlarged display in order to focus manually.
- MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Focus Mode] → [Manual Focus]
- Touch the point to focus on.
- Turn the focus ring to adjust the focus.
- To cancel the magnified view, press the shutter button lightly.
- The [Touch Focus] function is unavailable in the following situations:
- While using Digital Zoom
- You cannot shoot images using [Touch Focus] with applications downloaded from the website.