Attaching a lens
Set the power switch of the camera to OFF before attaching the lens.
Remove the body cap (A) from the camera and the rear lens cap (B) from the rear of the lens.
- When changing the lens, work quickly in a dust-free location to keep dust or debris from getting inside the camera.
- When shooting, remove the front lens cap from the front of the lens.
Mount the lens by aligning the two white index marks (mounting indexes) on the lens and camera.
- Hold the camera with the lens facing down to prevent dust and debris from entering the camera.
- While pushing the lens lightly toward the camera, turn the lens slowly in the direction of the arrow until it clicks into the locked
- Be sure to hold the lens straight when attaching it.
- Do not press the lens release button when attaching a lens.
- Do not use force when attaching a lens.
- A Mount Adaptor (sold separately) is required to use an A-mount lens (sold separately). When using the Mount Adaptor, refer to the operating manual supplied with the Mount Adaptor.
- If you want to shoot full-frame images, use a full-frame size compatible lens.
- When you use a lens with a tripod socket, attach a tripod to the tripod socket of the lens to help balance the weight of the lens.
- When carrying the camera with a lens attached, hold both the camera and the lens firmly.
- Do not hold the part of the lens that is extended for zoom or focus adjustment.