Making a call
You can enjoy a hands-free call with a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the BLUETOOTH profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), via a BLUETOOTH connection.
- If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP.
- Operations may vary depending on the smartphone or mobile phone. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with your smartphone or mobile phone.
- Connect the headset to a smartphone or mobile phone beforehand.
- Operate your smartphone or mobile phone to make a call.
When you make a call, the dial tone is heard from the headset.
If you make a call while you are listening to music, playback pauses.
If no dial tone is heard via the headset, switch the call device to the headset using your smartphone or mobile phone or by holding the multi-function button down for about 2 seconds.
Press the multi-function button to adjust the volume.
- Increase volume: Press the multi-function button 2 times consecutively, holding the button down at the second push ().
- Decrease volume: Press the multi-function button 3 times consecutively, holding the button down at the third push ().
- To end the call, press the multi-function button on the headset again.
If you make a call while you are listening to music, playback will resume when the call ends.
- Use a smartphone or mobile phone at least 50 cm (19 3/4 in.) away from the headset. Noise may result if the headset and the smartphone or mobile phone are too close.
- When you adjust the volume, press the button 2 or 3 times with short intervals between each press (about 0.4 seconds) so the operations will be recognized as being consecutive.
- If you adjust the volume on the headset when not talking, the playback volume is adjusted.
- Volume for a call and listening to music can be adjusted independently. Even if you change the volume while playing back music, the volume of a call does not change.