Splash proof performance
The splash proof specifications (*) of this headset are equivalent to IPX4 (**) in IEC 60529 “Degrees of protection against ingress of water (IP Code)”, which specifies the degree of protection provided against the entry of water. However, the headset cannot be used in water. Unless the headset is used correctly, water may get into the headset and cause fire, electric shock, or malfunctions. Note the following cautions carefully and use the headset correctly.
Liquids that the splash proof performance specifications apply to
Applicable: Fresh water, tap water, perspiration
Not applicable: Liquids other than those above (examples: soapy water, detergent water, water with bath agents, shampoo, hot spring water, pool water, seawater, etc.)
* Make sure that the micro-USB port cover is closed securely when you use the headset.
** IPX4 (degree of protection against splashing water): Protected against water splashing from any direction.
Splash proof performance of the headset is based on Sony measurements under the conditions described above. Note that malfunctions as a result of water immersion caused by misuse by the customer are not covered by the warranty.
To maintain splash proof performance
Note the following cautions carefully and use the headset correctly.
- Do not drop the headset or expose it to mechanical shock. Doing so may deform or damage the headset, resulting in deterioration of splash proof performance.
- Do not put the headset in water or use it in a humid place such as a bathroom.
- The micro-USB port cover is important for maintaining splash proof performance. Make sure the micro-USB port cover is closed securely when you use the headset. If the cover has any foreign objects on it or is not completely closed, splash proof performance cannot be maintained. In addition, water may get into the headset and cause malfunctions.
- Do not splash water forcibly against the cylindrical part from which sound is emitted. Doing so may deteriorate the splash proof performance of the headset.
- Wipe off with a soft dry cloth any water that gets on the headset. If water remains in the earbud holes, the sound may seem low or not be audible at all. In this case, remove the earbuds and wipe off the water. Do not leave the headset with water on it in cold places as the water may freeze. In order to avoid malfunctions, make sure that you wipe off water after use.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To minimize the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials.
- Do not place this headset in a place exposed to humidity, dust, soot or steam, or subject to direct sunlight. Do not leave the headset in a car for a long time. It may cause a malfunction.
- Using the BLUETOOTH device may not function on mobile phones, depending on radio wave conditions and location where the device is being used.
- If you experience discomfort after using the BLUETOOTH device, stop using the BLUETOOTH device immediately. Should any problem persist, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Listening with this headset at high volume may affect your hearing. For traffic safety, do not use this headset while driving or cycling.
- Do not put weight or pressure on this headset as it may cause the headset to deform during long storage.
- Do not subject the headset to excessive shock.
- Clean the headset with a soft dry cloth.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning this headset that are not covered in this manual, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.