Connecting to a digital output supported WALKMAN
By using the digital cable for WALKMAN (supplied), the headphone amplifier can amplify the signal directly without the built-in amplifier of the WALKMAN.
Compatible WALKMAN models
NWZ-A10 series, NWZ-ZX1 and NWZ-F880 series (as of July 2014)
When connecting a WALKMAN other than the compatible models mentioned above, follow the connecting method described in “Connecting to WALKMAN models unsupported by digital-out.”
- Turn on the WALKMAN.
- Set the INPUT select switch to the position of the Xperia/WALKMAN/PC (USB AUDIO) connecting port (left edge position).
- Connect the WALKMAN to the Xperia/WALKMAN/PC (USB AUDIO) connecting port using the digital cable for WALKMAN (supplied).
- The headphone amplifier only supports the audio playback function of a WALKMAN.
- Turn on your WALKMAN before operating the headphone amplifier.
- Some operations may not be possible with the headphone amplifier, even if you use a supported WALKMAN.
- The following settings of your WALKMAN may be causing the sound distortion. Set these settings off to solve the problem.
- Dynamic Normalizer
- VPT (Virtualphones Technology)
- DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine)
- Speaker output optimizer
- Sound is not output from the headphone jack of the WALKMAN when it is connected to the headphone amplifier.
- You cannot adjust the volume by the WALKMAN when it is connected to the headphone amplifier.
- The WALKMAN cannot be charged while it is connected to the headphone amplifier.