Using the voice assist function (Amazon Alexa)
By using Amazon Alexa feature that comes with the smartphone, you can speak to the headset to operate the smartphone or perform the search.
- Compatible smartphones
- Smartphones installed with Android 5.1 or later, or iOS 10.0 or later.
- Installation of the latest Amazon Alexa app is required.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Open the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app, and set the NC/AMBIENT button as the Amazon Alexa button.
For details of the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app, refer to the following URL.
- Press the NC/AMBIENT button to use Amazon Alexa.
- Press to input a voice command.
- Press once to cancel the voice command.
- If there is no voice, it will be canceled.
For details of Amazon Alexa, refer to the following website:
- Check or update the software version of the headset with the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app.
- When Amazon Alexa is not available for reasons such as not being connected to the network, a voice guidance “Either your mobile device isn't connected; or you need to open the Alexa App and try again” is heard.
- If the NC/AMBIENT button is set as the Amazon Alexa button in step 2, the Google Assistant function cannot be operated from the headset.
- If the NC/AMBIENT button is set as the Amazon Alexa button in step 2, the noise canceling function or the NC Optimizer function cannot be operated from the headset.
- Alexa is not available in all languages and countries/regions.
See www.amazon.com/alexa-availability for details.