Update method 3: Manual update via a USB flash drive
You can use a USB flash drive to update the software when the speaker is not connected to the Internet. Follow the steps below.
- Connect the speaker to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor.
- Set the NETWORK OFF/ON switch on the rear of the speaker to ON.
- Stop any music that is being played.
- Download the update file from the website below, then store it in a USB flash drive.
- Tap and hold both the AUDIO IN button and VOL (volume) - button until beeps are heard.
The UPDATE button lights up.
Even though the UPDATE button is already lit, perform the procedure above until beeps are heard for certain. (The UPDATE button may light up if the speaker is connected to the Internet. In this case, the UPDATE button stays lit and does not change.)
While the UPDATE button lights up, connect the USB flash drive prepared in Step 4 to the DC OUT ONLY port (USB) on the rear of the speaker.
When the update starts, the UPDATE button flashes in orange. While updating, the speaker cannot be operated.
The UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically when the updating is completed.
When you turn on the speaker the first time after an update, the UPDATE button flashes three times.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE button will change according to the update’s progress. The UPDATE button flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed. Do not turn the speaker off during the update.
- When you update using a USB flash drive, the update cannot be stopped. If the USB flash drive is removed or the speaker is unplugged during the update, the speaker will malfunction.
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes.
- Do not operate the speaker during an update. Also, keep the speaker connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor and network while updating. Update cannot be carried out when the speaker is powered by the built-in battery only.
- The speaker cannot play back music files in a USB flash drive even if the USB flash drive is connected to the DC OUT ONLY port (USB).
- Software update is active only when the speaker is connected to an AC outlet via the AC adaptor.
- Software update is active only when the NETWORK OFF/ON switch is ON.