Information about using a USB HDD device for recording (USB HDD recording models only)
Select within the text to jump to the related settings screen.
USB HDD recording models have [Recording device setup] in [Settings] — [Watching TV].
- The USB HDD device must be used exclusively for recording. Use a separate USB HDD device for viewing photos and videos.
- This function is only available on some models in Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- Only USB HDDs larger than 32 GB are supported.
- Connection of a USB HDD device via a USB hub is not supported. Connect the device directly to the TV.
- Any data stored in the USB HDD device will be erased when it is formatted during the registration process. The USB HDD device cannot be used with a PC once it has been registered to the TV. To enable use of the USB HDD device on a PC, format it on the PC. (Note that any data in the USB HDD device will be erased.)
- A maximum of 8 USB HDD devices can be registered.
- Only this TV will be able to play the data recorded on the USB HDD that has been registered to this TV.
- Recording is supported only for digital TV and radio broadcasts. Recording of data broadcasts is not supported.
- Scrambled/encrypted signals cannot be recorded.
- Recording cannot be performed in the following cases:
- The TV cannot recognise the registered USB HDD device.
- More than 1,000 programmes are recorded on the USB HDD device.
- The USB HDD device is full.
- Automatic selection of the programme may not be possible while it is being recorded.
- Recording a programme is not possible unless its recording has been authorised.
- If the TV is subjected to impact during USB HDD recording, noise may occur in the recorded content.
- In no event shall Sony be liable for recording failure or any damage or loss of recorded content caused or associated with the TV’s malfunction, signal interference, or any other problem.