Settings for viewing pictures in 4K resolution with higher quality (4K models only)
When you display the High-Quality 4K format with the HDMI input, set [HDMI signal format] in [External inputs].
HDMI signal format
- Standard format
- Standard HDMI format*1 for normal use.
- Enhanced format (HDMI IN 2/3 only)
- High-Quality HDMI format*1*2. Only set when using capable devices.
- When using Enhanced format, picture and sound may not be output correctly. In this case, connect the device to an HDMI IN that is in [Standard format], or change the HDMI signal format of HDMI IN to [Standard format].
- Only set to Enhanced format when using compatible devices.
- When you watch 4K picture with High-Quality, use a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable(s) that supports speeds of 18 Gbps. For details on a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable(s) that supports 18 Gbps, refer to the cable specifications.
- In some models, the HDMI signal format of HDMI IN 2 and 3 changes at the same time.