Using the Action Menu
By pressing the ACTION MENU button, a menu appears and provides quick access to the functions that are available for the currently displayed screen, such as picture adjustments, sound adjustments, volume adjustment for a connected device (such as headphones), and display/audio settings. The items in the menu differ depending on the selected screen.
- Press the ACTION MENU button.
- Move the focus left or right to select the desired category.
- Move the focus up or down to select the desired item.
- Press the (Enter) button to launch the selected item.
Main ACTION MENU items
Press the ACTION MENU button while watching TV broadcasts or content from external input to display settings that you can change while watching. This allows you to change settings without having to go to the Home screen.
- The menu items displayed in the ACTION MENU vary depending on the device you use when watching and the type of broadcast or image. The ACTION MENU may also not be displayed depending on the display status of the TV or the app used.
Display & Sound
- Display information about the channel/program/input you are viewing.
- Displays the picture that you are watching (TV programs or content from HDMI-connected devices) as a small screen in the corner. For details, refer to Displaying the picture in a small screen page.
- Picture Off
- Turns the picture off while the sound remains on.
- Changes settings related to picture quality. For details, refer to Adjusting the picture quality page.
- Configures settings related to 3D display. In 3D models, 3D content is displayed while you are watching.
- Wide mode
- Adjust the picture size.
- Changes settings related to sound. For details, refer to “Sound” advanced settings page.
- Select TV or external speakers.
- Headphone volume
- Adjusts the headphone volume.
- Sync Menu
- Set up BRAVIA Sync compatible devices for streamlined control. For details, refer to Using features available for BRAVIA Sync-compatible devices page.
- Watch TV
- Switches to TV broadcasting.
- Add to Favorites
- Registers the channel you are watching as a favorite. When you register a favorite, you can select it from the menu that is displayed when you press the DISCOVER button or TV button.
- Remove from Favorites
- Removes a registered favorite.
- Favorites setup
- Registers favorites and changes the display name of favorites registered using [Add to Favorites].
- Home (Menu)
- Displays the home screen of the set-top box (cable/satellite box) connected to the TV.
- Displays the options menu of the set-top box (cable/satellite box) connected to the TV.
- For other information, see “Frequently Asked Questions” on the Sony Support Site.
Frequently Asked Questions for Troubleshooting