You are concerned about an image retention. (only models equipped with an OLED panel)
If the same image is displayed repeatedly or for long periods of time, image retention may occur. This issue is not a malfunction.
The TV has two functions, [Pixel shift] and [Panel refresh], that are designed to reduce image retention.
You can perform a [Panel refresh] when necessary.
- Press the (Quick Settings) button on the remote control, then select [Settings] — [Display & Sound] — [Expert panel settings] — [Panel refresh].
- [Pixel shift] is a feature that helps prevents image retention by automatically moving the image at fixed intervals. Under normal circumstances, keep this option enabled.
- To reduce image retention, we recommend that you turn off the TV on a daily basis for more than four hours using the remote control or the power button on the TV.
- Manually perform panel refresh only when image retention is particularly noticeable. Avoid performing it more than once a year because it may affect the usable life of the panel.
- Images that include clocks and bright colors easily cause image retention. Avoid displaying these types of images for long periods of time, otherwise image retention may occur.