You can install apps to the TV, just like you do with smartphones and tablets.
- You can only install apps that are compatible with TVs. They may differ from apps for smartphones/tablets.
- An Internet connection and Google Account are required to install apps.
- If you do not have a Google Account or want to create a shared account, create a new account by accessing the following website.
The website above may vary depending on your region/country. It is also subject to change without notice. For details, refer to the Google homepage.
- We recommend that you create a Google Account on a computer or mobile device.
- Press the HOME/button, and from [Search] on the Home screen, say something like “Search for <app name> apps” to search for apps you want to install. Alternatively, select the input field and use the on-screen keyboard.
- Select an app from the search results and install it.
- If the app search does not produce the desired results, say “Google Play Store”, and try searching for the app on the Google Play Store screen.
- You can also select a category from the Apps tab in the Home Menu and select a desired app.
After downloading, the app is automatically installed and added. You can select [Open] to launch the app.
- To start an installed app later, select the Apps tab in the Home Menu, and select [See all] at the right edge of the app area. Select the installed app to start it.
About paid apps
There are free apps and paid apps. To purchase a paid app, a prepaid Google Play gift card code or credit card information is required. You can purchase a Google Play gift card from various retailers.
To delete an app
- Press the (Quick Settings) button on the remote control, select [Settings] — [Apps], select an app to be deleted, and uninstall it.