Using the TV as a centre speaker (only models with TV centre speaker mode)
Models with a TV centre speaker mode have CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals or S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals on the back of the TV.
On TVs with S-CENTER SPEAKER IN input, you can use the TV as a centre speaker in the following cases.
- When a sound bar with an S-CENTER OUT output/jack is connected
By using the TV as a centre speaker, conversations sound natural because you can hear them from the screen and its vicinity.
- Some models have both CENTER SPEAKER IN and S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals.
- Connect the device to the TV while referring to “Connecting an AV receiver with a speaker cable” or “Connecting a sound bar (only models with S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals)” below.
- Press the (Quick Settings) button on the remote control, change [Settings] — [Display & Sound] — [Audio output] — [Speakers] to [Audio system].
Connecting an AV receiver with a speaker cable
Connect the TV and AV receiver with a speaker cable.
- AV receiver
- Speaker cable (not supplied)
Use a speaker cable (not supplied) to connect the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
When connecting, make sure to twist the ends of the speaker cable and insert them into the connection terminals of the TV and AV receiver.
The CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal varies depending on the model. Refer to the figures below when connecting the speaker cable.
*Strip about 10 mm (13/32 inches) of insulation from the speaker cable at each end.
- To prevent the wires of the speaker cable from touching each other, make sure not to strip too much of the speaker cable.
- Connect the speaker cable properly so that the polarities (+/-) between the TV and AV receiver match.
Connecting a sound bar (only models with S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals)
Connect the TV and sound bar with the TV centre speaker mode cable supplied with sound bar/home theatre system.
When a sound bar is connected, centre audio is output from both the TV and sound bar, allowing you to enjoy both impactful sound from the sound bar and natural conversations.
- TV centre speaker mode cable (supplied with sound bars that have S-CENTER OUT terminals)
- Even when connecting a sound bar with an S-CENTER OUT terminal, it must be connected to the TV with an HDMI cable like a normal sound bar.
- Also refer to the instruction manual of the audio system with an S-CENTER OUT terminal.