The screen displayed when you press the HOME button on the remote control is called the Home Menu. From the Home Menu, you can search for content and select recommended content, apps, and settings.
The displayed Home Menu depends on whether a Google Account is added to the TV.
(Some features do not apply depending on your model/region/country. The images are for reference only. They may differ from the actual screen.)
(A) The Home Menu when a Google Account is set on the TV
(B) The Home Menu when a Google Account is not set on the TV
Setting a Google Account and enjoying the TV
If you connect the TV to the Internet and set a Google Account, you can install desired apps on the TV and enjoy Internet videos or use your voice to search for content.
Enjoying the TV without setting a Google Account
Even if you do not set a Google Account, you can watch TV broadcasts or connect devices such as Blu-ray player. If you connect the TV to the Internet, you can also use the Internet streaming services displayed in the Home Menu.
- To set a Google Account later and enjoy the TV, set up Google TV from the Home Menu or settings menu.
- If you delete the Google Account, the TV will return to the factory default settings.
- Depending on the TV settings, the Home screen will be displayed when the TV is turned on. If you change the following setting, you can change the screen that is displayed when the TV is turned on to the TV broadcast channel or external input such as HDMI that you were watching before turning off the TV.
- Press the (Quick Settings) button on the remote control, then select [Settings] — [System] — [Power and Energy].
- Select [Power on behavior], and then select [Last input].
The next time the TV is turned on, the TV broadcast channel or external input such as HDMI that you were watching before turning off the TV will be displayed.
Specifications may be subject to change without notice.
- For other information, see “Frequently Asked Questions” on the Sony Support Site.
Frequently Asked Questions for Troubleshooting