Charging the speaker
The speaker contains a rechargeable lithium ion battery which should be charged more than 1 hour before using the speaker for the first time.
- Make sure that the speaker is turned off.
- Connect the speaker to a booted computer or AC outlet to charge.
- When charging from a booted computer
Connect the micro-USB cable (supplied) to the speaker, then connect the other end to a booted computer.
- When charging from an AC outlet
Connect the micro-USB cable (supplied) to the speaker, connect the other end to a USB AC adaptor (not supplied), then plug the USB AC adaptor to an AC outlet.
The CHARGE indicator lights up in orange while charging. The estimated charging time differs depending on the power output capacity of the connected USB device. The time stated below may vary depending on the ambient temperature or conditions of use.
- When connecting to a USB device which has the ability to output in 1.5 A: about 4 hours*1 (recommend)
- When connecting to a USB device which has the ability to output in 500 mA: about 12 hours*1
The CHARGE indicator will turn off when charging has ended.
If the CHARGE indicator stays turned off when the speaker power is off and connected to a USB device, the built-in lithium ion battery is fully charged. Once the battery is fully charged, it will not be charged further even if the speaker is kept connected to a USB device.
*1Time that is required to charge the empty battery to its full capacity when the speaker turns off.
- When charging from a booted computer
Battery life (when using the BLUETOOTH connection)
About 12 hours*2.
The time stated above may vary depending on the ambient temperature or conditions of use.
*2 When the specified music source is used, the BLUETOOTH device is set to the maximum volume, the volume level of the speaker is set to 21, and the lighting function of the speaker turns off. The battery life when the volume level of the speaker is set to maximum will be 3 hours.
Checking the battery level of the rechargeable battery
After pressing or holding the (call) button for more than 3 seconds to check the battery power during the speaker is turned on, the voice guidance “Fully charged/About 70%/About 50%/About 20%/Please charge” outputs from the speaker.
When the battery is running low
- When the voice guidance says “Please charge” and the CHARGE indicator flashes slowly in orange, the battery is running low and needs to be charged.
- If the voice guidance says “Please charge” and the CHARGE indicator flashes 3 times in orange and goes off when you turn on the speaker, the battery is empty and needs to be charged.
Recommended system environment of computer for USB charging
Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7 SP1, Mac OS X (version 10.6 - 10.12)
- Operation in all computers with the above environment is not guaranteed.
- Operation in a home-built computer is not covered by the warranty.
- A speaker that is in use can be charged if it is connected to a booted computer or AC outlet via a USB AC adaptor (not supplied) though the CHARGE indicator does not light up. In this case, it may take longer to charge the battery compared to when the speaker is turned off depending on the conditions of use. Therefore, it is recommended to turn off the speaker when charging.
- When you use the speaker at a loud volume, the battery may run low even if the speaker is connected to a booted computer. If you want to use the speaker while charging, lower the volume of the speaker. Otherwise, turn off the speaker and charge the battery sufficiently.
- When you use the speaker at a loud volume for a long time, the battery may run low even if the speaker is connected to a booted computer. As a result, sound becomes low. This is not a malfunction. Turn off the speaker and charge the battery sufficiently.
- When you switch the power source between a booted computer/AC outlet and battery by connecting/disconnecting the USB cable, the speaker may stop sound output for a short while. This is not a malfunction.
- When using the speaker for the first time, be sure to charge the battery for more than 1 hour before turning on the power.
- In an extremely cold or hot environment, charging stops for safety. If charging takes a long time, it also makes charging of the speaker stop. In these conditions, the CHARGE indicator keeps flashing in orange quickly, but this is not a malfunction. To resolve these issues, disconnect the micro-USB cable and connect it again within the operating temperature between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 °F and 95 °F).
- Do not charge in places where water may splash.
- Even if you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the battery sufficiently once every 6 months to maintain its performance.