Preparing your 3D glasses (3D models only)
There are two types of 3D Glasses: Passive and Active. Refer to the specifications in the Reference Guide to see which type of 3D Glasses the TV supports.
For Passive 3D Glasses
If Passive 3D Glasses are supplied with your TV, use them. If no glasses are supplied, purchase a pair of Passive 3D Glasses, model TDG-500P. You can watch in 3D by just putting the Passive 3D Glasses on.
For Active 3D Glasses
If Active 3D Glasses are supplied with your TV, use them. If no glasses are supplied, purchase a pair of Active 3D Glasses, model TDG-BT500A. Before using the Active 3D Glasses for the first time, you need to register them to your TV. Follow the steps below.
- Remove the battery’s insulation sheet.
- Turn the TV on, then hold the glasses within 50 cm (1.6 ft.) of the TV.
- Press and hold the (Power) button/indicator on the glasses for 2 seconds.
The Active 3D Glasses turn on and registration starts (the (Power) button/indicator blinks green and yellow). When registration is finished, a message appears in the TV screen for 5 seconds, and the indicator lights up in green for 3 seconds.
If registration fails, the Active 3D Glasses will turn off automatically. In this case, repeat the procedure above.
- Put the Active 3D Glasses on.
From the next time, you can use the Active 3D Glasses by just turning them on. To turn them off, press and hold the (Power) button/indicator on the glasses for 2 seconds. To turn them on again, press the (Power) button/indicator.
- To use the Active 3D Glasses with another TV, you need to register the glasses to that TV. Perform the procedure above from Step 2.