Deleting content from your Walkman using Explorer
Delete content stored on your Walkman using Windows Explorer.
- Connect your Walkman to a running computer via USB.
- Open “WALKMAN” using the procedure below that corresponds to your computer.
To delete content stored on a microSD card, select the folder that has the same name as the microSD card instead of “WALKMAN.”
Windows 7 or earlier:
Select “Start” - “Computer,” and open “WALKMAN.”
Select “Desktop” from the “Start screen” to open “File Explorer.” In the “Computer” list, open “WALKMAN.”
Select “Desktop” to open “File Explorer.” In the “This PC” list, open “WALKMAN.”
Select “File Explorer” in the “Start” menu, and then select “WALKMAN” from the left screen.
- Open the folder containing the file(s) you want to delete.
To delete a music file or a folder that contains music: “MUSIC” folder
To delete a photo file or a folder that contains photos: “PICTURE” or “DCIM” folder
To delete a video file or a folder that contains videos: “VIDEO” folder
To delete a podcast episode file or a podcast folder: “PODCASTS” folder
- Select the content you want to delete.
- Delete the content.
- Do not change folder name placed in root memory such as “MUSIC.”