If you have problems
- The power does not turn on.
- This product does not operate even when the power is set to on.
- The menu settings have been changed automatically.
- This product gets warm.
- A rattling noise is heard when this product is shaken.
- Intelligent Auto is canceled.
- The power abruptly turns off.
- The POWER/CHG (charge) lamp does not light while the battery pack is being charged.
- The POWER/CHG (charge) lamp flashes while the battery pack is being charged.
- The remaining battery power is not displayed correctly.
- The battery pack is quickly discharged.
- Menu items are grayed out.
- The buttons do not appear on the LCD monitor.
- The buttons on the LCD monitor quickly disappear.
- There are dots in the shape of a grid on the monitor.
- The backlight of the LCD monitor turns off if you do not attempt to operate this product for a while.
- Operations using the memory card cannot be performed.
- Images stored on the memory card cannot be deleted.
- The data file name is not indicated correctly or flashes.
- Images cannot be played back or the memory card is not recognized.
- Pressing START/STOP or PHOTO does not record images.
- Photos cannot be recorded.
- The access lamp remains lit or flashing even if recording has stopped.
- The imaging field looks different.
- The actual recording time for movies is less than the expected recording time of the recording media.
- This product stops recording.
- There is a slight time lag between the moment when START/STOP is pressed and the actual movie recording starts or stops.
- The auto focus does not function.
- SteadyShot does not function.
- Images cannot be recorded or played back correctly.
- The subjects passing across this product very fast appear crooked.
- Horizontal stripes appear on the images.
- [Monitor Brightness] cannot be set.
- Photos are recorded automatically.
- Images cannot be played back.
- Photos cannot be played back.
- The movie freezes.
- An icon appears on a thumbnail.
- No sound or only a quiet sound is heard during playback.
- The wireless access point you want to connect to does not appear.
- [WPS Push] does not work.
- [Ctrl with Smartphone], [Send to Smartphone], [Send to Computer] or [View on TV] terminates prematurely.
- Cannot transfer movies to your smartphone.
- The shooting screen does not display smoothly. The connection is cut off.
- The NFC connection does not work.
Editing movies/photos on this product
- Unable to edit.
- A movie cannot be divided.
- The demonstration movies cannot be deleted. (models with the internal memory)
Playback on a TV
- Neither image nor sound is played on the connected TV.
- The top, bottom, right, and left edges of images are trimmed slightly on a connected TV.
- The image appears distorted on the 4:3 TV.
- Black bands appear at the top and bottom of the LCD monitor of the 4:3 TV.
Copying/Connecting to other devices
Connecting to a computer
- PlayMemories Home cannot be installed.
- PlayMemories Home does not work correctly.
- This product is not recognized by the computer.