Pairing and connecting with other BLUETOOTH devices
Pairing is the process required to create a link between BLUETOOTH devices to allow wireless connection.
You must pair a device with the headset to be able to make a BLUETOOTH connection for the first time.
Before you start pairing operation, make sure that:
- The BLUETOOTH device is placed within 1 m (3 feet) of the headset.
- The headset is charged sufficiently.
- The operating instructions of the BLUETOOTH device is on hand.
- Enter pairing mode on this headset.
When you pair the headset with a device for the first time after you bought it, or after you initialized the headset (the headset has no pairing information), press and hold the multi-function button for about 2 seconds when the headset is turned off. The headset enters pairing mode automatically.
When you pair a 2nd or subsequent device (the headset has pairing information for other devices), press and hold the multi-function button for about 7 seconds.
Make sure that the indicator flashes blue and red alternately after you release the button.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the BLUETOOTH device to search for this headset.
[MDR-AS800BT] will be displayed on the list of detected devices on the screen of the BLUETOOTH device. If not displayed, repeat from step 1.
- Select [MDR-AS800BT].
If passkey (*) input is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, input “0000.”
* A Passkey may be called a “Passcode,” a “PIN code,” or a “Password.”
- Make the BLUETOOTH connection from the BLUETOOTH device.
Depending on the BLUETOOTH device, the headset may be connected with the device automatically as soon as they are paired.
- If pairing is not established within about 5 minutes, pairing mode will be canceled and the headset will turn off. In this case, start over from step 1.
- When pairing with a BLUETOOTH device that cannot display a list of detected devices or that has no display, you may pair the device by setting both the headset and the BLUETOOTH device to pairing mode. At this time, if passkey is set other than “0000” on the BLUETOOTH device, pairing cannot be done with the headset.
- Once BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
The headset is already paired with 8 devices and another device is to be paired.
The headset can be paired with up to 8 devices. If a new device is paired after 8 devices are already paired, the paired device with the oldest connection time is replaced by the new one.
- When the pairing information for the headset has been deleted from the BLUETOOTH device.
When the headset is initialized, all pairing information is deleted.
- The headset can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from one paired device at a time.
- The above procedure is an example. For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your BLUETOOTH device.
- To delete all pairing information, see “Initializing the headset to restore factory settings.”