Water resistant performance of this headset
The water resistance specifications(*) of this headset are equivalent to IPX4(**) in IEC 60529 “Degrees of protection against ingress of water (IP Code)”, which specifies the degree of protection provided against the entry of water. However, the headset cannot be used in water. Unless the headset is used correctly, water may get into the headset and cause fire, electrocution, or malfunctions. Note the following cautions carefully and use the headset correctly.
Liquids that the water resistance performance specifications apply to
Applicable: Fresh water, tap water, perspiration
Not applicable: Liquids other than those above (examples: soapy water, detergent water, water with bath agents, shampoo, hot spring water, pool water, seawater, etc.)
*Make sure that the micro-USB port cover is closed securely when you use the headset.
**IPX4 (degree of protection against splashing water): Protected against water splashing from any direction.
Water resistance performance of the headset is based on Sony measurements under the conditions described above. Note that malfunctions as a result of water immersion caused by misuse by the customer are not covered by the warranty.
To maintain water resistance performance
Note the following cautions carefully and use the headset correctly.
- Do not drop the headset or expose it to mechanical shock. Doing so may deform or damage the headset, resulting in deterioration of water resistance performance.
- Do not put the headset in water or use it in a humid place such as a bathroom.
- The micro-USB port cover is important for maintaining water resistance performance. Make sure the micro-USB port cover is closed securely when you use the headset. If the cover has any foreign objects on it or is not completely closed, water resistance performance cannot be maintained. In addition, water may get into the headset and cause malfunctions.
- Do not splash water forcibly against the cylindrical part from which sound is emitted. Doing so may deteriorate the water resistance performance of the headset.
Wipe off with a soft dry cloth any water that gets on the headset. If water remains in the earbud holes, the sound may seem low or not be audible at all. In this case, remove the earbuds, face the sound conduit downward, and shake the sound conduit a couple of times.
- Do not leave the headset with water on it in cold places as the water may freeze. In order to avoid malfunctions, make sure that you wipe off water after use.