Charging from a computer
- Turn on the computer.
- Connect this unit to the computer with the USB cable (included).
The battery indicator lamp lights up amber, and charging starts.
When this unit is fully charged, the battery indicator lamp turns off.(*)
* Some USB ports do not support battery charging although they actually supply power. In this case, even if charging is complete, the battery indicator lamp does not turn off. Refer to the following charging time for estimating the charging time.
When charging is complete, disconnect the USB cable from the unit and the computer.
Approximate charging time: 8 hours (approximate value under Sony test conditions).
- To charge this unit from your computer when the power of this unit is on, connect your computer to an AC adaptor, then connect this unit to your computer.
- Be sure to insert the connector in the correct way. Pushing the connector forcibly into the port may damage the port and result in a malfunction.
- A USB device connected to the unit cannot be used while the unit is connected to a computer with the USB cable. An SD card can be used.
- Charge the battery in an ambient temperature of 0 °C - 30 °C (32 °F - 86 °F). For optimum performance of the rechargeable lithium-ion battery, it is recommended to charge between 10 °C – 30 °C (50 °F - 86 °F).
- When this unit is connected to a computer via a USB cable, it is recognized as a memory card reader by the computer.