Precautions on use
- Do not drop this product, put a heavy thing on top of it, hit it with a strong shock, or put pressure on it. These can cause the product to fail.
Do not place it in places like the following.
- Very hot places: Exposed to direct sunlight, near a heater, etc., the product may discolor, deform, or fail.
- Very cold place
- On a car dashboard or in a car with its windows closed under a hot sun (especially in summer)
- Very dusty place
- On a shaky table or inclined place
- Place with much vibration
- Very humid place: Bathroom, etc
- Near a thing which creates a magnetic field: Magnet, speakers, TV, etc
- When you hear noise on the radio or TV, turn off the power to this product, and move this product away from the radio or TV.
To prevent damage or deformation of the cabinet of this product, be careful about the following.
- Do not sit down with this product put in a back pocket of your pants, etc.
- When a USB device (USB flash drive, etc) or USB cable is attached to this device, do not put it in a bag and hit it with a strong force from outside.
* Even if no damage is apparent, the battery or other internal parts may be damaged by heavy shock loads or high pressure.
- Do not subject the connecting parts of the cable to excessive force. It may cause a malfunction.
Low temperature burn
- Be especially careful if the unit is used continuously over an extended period while it is powering another device via USB connection.
- The unit may become increasingly warm if it is used continuously over an extended period while it is powering another device via USB connection.
- Depending on your physical condition, direct skin contact with any hot part of the unit over an extended period may result in redness, itching, rash, or a low temperature burn.
Be careful to not get water on it. This product does not have water-proof specifications. Be especially careful about the following situations.
- Using it while in your pocket in a bathroom, etc. When you bend over, etc, it can fall and get wet.
- Using it in rain, snow, or very humid place.
- Using it when you are sweaty.
- If you touch it with a wet hand or put it in a sweaty clothing pocket, it can get wet.
- If you quickly move this product from a cold place to a warm place, or if it is in a room where you have just turned on the heating (on a winter morning, etc.), condensation can form on the surface or inside of this product. Condensation is when moisture in the air attaches to metal plates etc, and water drops form. When condensation forms, do not turn on its power until the condensation goes away, and leave it alone. Using it with condensation can cause failure.
- This device communicates data by using 2.4 GHz radio waves, so if there is a device near it which uses the same frequency, interference can prevent it from communicating.
- If you do not use it for a long time, you may be unable to fully charge this device. But after charging and using up the battery 2 to 3 times, you will be able to fully charge it.
- When you do not use this device for a long time, disconnect the USB cable, and store it.
- Also read the Operating Instructions of other devices you use. Depending on the device, some operation may be needed to charge the battery.
Only use the USB cable supplied with this product.
For an iOS* device, use the special cable supplied when you purchased that device.
* iOS is the operating system for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- The maximum power output from the USB port is 1.5 A. If the output exceeds 1.5 A while power is being supplied, a safety function turns off the power supply.
- When powering a device from this product, the charging time differs depending on the remaining battery charge.
- Be sure to check the voltage and current rating of devices before using them.
- When connecting a USB flash drive, etc., to this unit, connect it directly without using an extension cable.
- You cannot read or record data protected by the copyright protection technology.
- If you turn off the unit or remove a storage device while it is being accessed, data on the storage device may be damaged. To protect data, be sure to make backups.