How to make wireless connection with BLUETOOTH devices
You can enjoy music with the speaker wirelessly by using your device’s BLUETOOTH function.
Before operating the speaker, be sure to do the following:
Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m (3 ft) of the speaker.
Connect the speaker to the AC outlet or charge the battery sufficiently.
Prepare the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device for reference.
Pairing the speaker with a BLUETOOTH device
Pairing is the process required to mutually register the information on BLUETOOTH devices to be connected wirelessly.
It is necessary to pair a device with the speaker to be able to make BLUETOOTH connection for the first time.
Select your situation from the following.
Pairing and connecting with a BLUETOOTH device
Connecting with a smartphone by one touch (NFC)
Connecting the speaker with a paired device
Once BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again. To connect a device already paired, refer to the following topic.
Connecting with a paired BLUETOOTH device
Connecting the speaker with a smartphone by one touch (NFC)
By touching the speaker with a smartphone, the speaker is turned on automatically and then proceeds to pairing and making BLUETOOTH connection. For details, refer to the following topic.
- Connecting with a smartphone by one touch (NFC)
- Disconnecting the smartphone by one touch (NFC)
- Switching devices by one touch (NFC)
- Compatible smartphones
- NFC-compatible smartphones with Android 4.1 or later installed
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology enabling short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as smartphones and IC tags.
- Thanks to the NFC function, data communication - for example, BLUETOOTH pairing - can be achieved easily by simply touching NFC-compatible devices together (i.e., at the N-Mark symbol or location designated on each device).
- Once BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- The speaker is already paired with 9 devices and another device is to be paired.
The speaker can be paired with up to 9 devices. If a new device is paired after 9 devices are already paired, the paired device with the oldest connection time is replaced by the new one.
- The pairing information with the speaker has been deleted from the BLUETOOTH device.
- When the speaker is initialized, all pairing information is deleted.
- The speaker can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from one paired device at a time.